Important Corona Virus Update
JUNE 1, 2020 UPDATE:
Dr. Croak’s office has opened up full capacity to allow routine visits now as of June 1, 2020. Telemedicine is still an option and for the most part, has been covered well by insurance and Medicare – please check with your plan for coverage of telemedicine since some insurers are no longer covering co-pays or telemedicine visits.
For both offices, COVID precautions will still be in effect with social distancing, hand washing, and face-mask protocols.
Please wear your own mask to your visit as the offices only have a limited supply to offer those that forget or don’t have a mask.
We are aware that many of our patients are concerned about the Coronavirus. As always, Northwest Ohio Center for Urogynecology & Women’s Health is maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and sterilization in our licensed medical facility. The health and well-being of our patients and employees remains our highest priority.
As long as allowed by the authorities, the office will remain open at full capacity to treat patients. Those that are 70 years and older without an emergency will be given priority for office visits at less congested hours or telemedicine options to help protect those that are older from the virus.
Per the Ohio state board and local medical societies, as of now:
All elective surgeries will proceed normally as scheduled. This will be reevaluated on an as needed basis. (No charges will be incurred for the rescheduling of surgeries.)
Only patients will be allowed back for visits. Family and friends will need to wait in their automobiles, with the exception of those assisting comprehension of surgical consultations in the elderly or disabled.
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have increased efforts to protect our staff and all who visit us. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines – with an emphasis on frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas, including the lobby, treatment rooms and high-traffic areas.
- Educating our staff on the specific procedures recommended by the CDC to prevent transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Mandating that our staff stay home and seek medical care if they exhibit any flu-like symptoms.
- Ceasing business travel and postponing group events.
- Rescheduling appointments without cancellation fee for patients who feel unwell.
- Rescheduling appointments for high risk individuals, including older patients or those with underlying health conditions, without cancellation fee.
The Center For Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following precautionary measures and guidelines to keep you healthy and to prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if soap is not available
- Keep away from others who are or may be sick
- Avoid touching surfaces in public places
- Avoid crowded locations and events
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect household objects & surfaces in your home
- Avoid all non-essential travel
If you are experiencing flu like symptoms, including cough or fever, please call your primary care physician or urgent care in order to safeguard those around you. According to the CDC, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately. Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment at a later date with no cancellation fee.
The safety of our patients is our number one priority. If you have any concerns, please contact our office: 419-893-7134
For more information regarding the coronavirus please visit: www.coronavirus.gov
Please Contact Us with Any Questions: 419-893-7134