Due to the implementation of an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), efficiencies have been applied to try to expedite your visit by collecting your medical information prior to the visit day. We at the Northwest Ohio Center for Urogynecology would like to inform you of a few steps you can take to help us provide you with a more timely and satisfying visit.
If you wish to be seen as a new patient, or are a returning patient who has not visited in a while, please have your referring physician or yourself fax or mail health records pertinent to your current health situation to (419) 893-6942 or 28442 East River Road Suite 111, Perrysburg, Ohio, 43551.
For your convenience, our patient registration and personal health information form is downloadable for you to complete ahead of your visit.
Records and questionnaires must be received ahead of time to determine a consult appointment time and to create your medical record chart electronically before the visit. This request is meant so that all the data entry work is done in advance so we can focus on you during your visit and not the computer. Please understand, an appointment will not be made until information is received and processed.
In an effort to provide more transparency regarding procedural costs, the Northwest Ohio Center for Urogynecology & Women’s Health is proud to share Medicare data compiled to specifically show the excellent value patient’s receive from coming to the center. For billing questions, please contact our billing office:
NCDS – Medical Billing Systems
Please plan on arriving 20 minutes before your visit. This gives the staff time to double check medical and billing information. Once you arrive, you will be greeted by a friendly staff that takes pride in treating patients with a caring and professional manner. The office setting is private and comfortable. Please note that if you are running late or don’t have medical record work completed prior to your visit, we understand and will make every effort to see you on your scheduled day. However, we cannot cut into other patients’ scheduled appointments and therefore, the visit may be treated only as a data entry consultation. Another visit may be required to complete the consultation.
Dr. Croak and his staff try their hardest to see patients in a timely manner, but please realize that many patients may have “more than meets the eye” involving complex problems that take more time to be seen. Please be patient if the office is running late on your visit day.
Undergoing Special Tests
Specialized diagnostic tests may be required for a complete and accurate diagnosis. These may include screening tests such as cultures, an ultrasound of the pelvis, osteoporosis or breast screening, as well as an evaluation of your bladder function and vaginal support. Testing is available in a private and comfortable setting within the office.
Recommendations may include a variety of therapies to cure or relieve symptoms relative to your problem(s). Special counseling may be necessary regarding gynecologic issues such as pelvic pain, vaginal bleeding, prolapse, urinary or fecal incontinence, or other complex problems related to pelvic health. Conservative (non-surgical) or surgical therapy may be offered depending on your wishes, the severity of your condition, and your general health. Safe and effective surgical procedures are also utilized by your health care provider in caring for you.
All options available to treat your specific problem(s) are thoroughly discussed before you are asked to make a treatment decision.
Patient Registration Guidelines
Click here for a downloadable version of these guidelines.
- Patients will be seen by appointment only.
- The patient is required to complete and sign a Registration Form annually and at any time there is a change in his/her address or insurance information. One out of twenty patients provides invalid/incorrect insurance information that ultimately leads to an insurance denial and an unnecessarily large bill that becomes the patient’s responsibility. Please inform the receptionist of any changes immediately!
- The patient is required to supply a valid medical insurance card with the Registration Form and upon check-in at every visit.
- The patient is ultimately liable for all charges on her account.
- Copays are due at registration without exception. Please understand that it is against the law for a physician to write-off or adjust the copay. A $30.00 surcharge will be added to those who demand to see their provider without their copay. A $30.00 charge will be collected for those not remembering their copay amount at the time of visit.
- No insurance carrier will be billed for office visit copays.
- Acceptable methods of payment are: cash, check, and Visa/MasterCard.
- A $30.00 fee will be charged to the patient’s account for any personal checks returned NSF.
- If a valid insurance card is provided, the patient’s insurance carrier will be billed as a courtesy.
- In the event of two insurance carriers, the higher of two fee schedules will be applied.
- The patient is responsible for knowing what services are covered by her insurance and which providers participate in her insurance plans and networks. If a patient is seen as an out of network visit, they are responsible for all charges incurred or denied by their insurer.
- A $50.00 fee will be charged for a “no-show” without prior cancellation within a 48 hour time period.
Contact us in Perrysburg, Ohio, to learn more about our urogynecology, general gynecology, and women’s health services. Our doctors proudly offer options for patients throughout Northwest Ohio, Southeast Michigan, and Northwestern Indiana.